At Dolphin Academy we emphasize care and genuine interaction between humans and dolphins. Dolphin Academy provides a variety of unforgettable experiences that are tailored for different age categories, but always includes educational context so that our guests can understand and appreciate the importance of protecting dolphins worldwide and their environment. Together with the Curacao Public Aquarium N.V. and Substation Curacao, they form a fascinating world of diverse marine organisms and ecospheres just waiting for you to come and explore.
The role of a Graphic Designer & Media is to inform, inspire, and communicate through creative visuals such as logos and motion graphics. To do so, the Graphic Designer & Media combine photography/videography with technology to create digital art that’s crucial to marketing brands, services, and products.
- Managing company proposals from typesetting through to design, print, and production
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos and websites
- Schedule, prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Liaising with external printer and other entities on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed in the highest quality
- Photographing and filming activities to obtain footage to use in promotional material.
Skills and Qualifications
- Academic Degree in graphic or media design (Or proven 3 years of experience in a graphic design role)
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Strong analytical skills and an excellent eye for aesthetics and details
- Experience with designing of offline marketing products such as brochures, coupons, billboards, magazine articles, etc.
- Experience with designing of online marketing products such as Facebook posts, banners, websites, etc.
- Insight of photography/videography, as well as editing, for marketing purposes
- Skilled with size and arrangement of copy and illustrative material regarding design style, format, print production and timescales
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Canva, and other graphic design software
- Good knowledge of languages such as, Dutch, English and Papiamentu, and Spanish is a pre!
We encourage you to apply if you feel your profile is a match!
Please send your CV and cover letter before November 12th, 2021.