At Dolphin Academy we emphasize care and genuine interaction between humans and dolphins. Dolphin Academy provides a variety of unforgettable experiences that are tailored for different age categories, but always includes educational context so that our guests can understand and appreciate the importance of protecting dolphins worldwide and their environment. Together with the Curacao Public Aquarium N.V. and Substation Curacao, they form a fascinating world of diverse marine organisms and ecospheres just waiting for you to come and explore.
Dolphin Academy Curacao is looking for a talented, creative, dynamic and customer oriented photo/video colleague to work within the photoshop department. As a photo/video staff member you will be responsible for capturing and editing images of our customers during activities such as presentations, kisses, swims, encounters, snorkel and dive programs. You will also be responsible for selling the pictures and videos, taken, to the customers.
- Take photos of the different Dolphin Academy programs
- Utilize technology and techniques needed to shoot professional photos/ video’s
- Perform all functions at the photography point of sale
- Accurately and efficiently conduct all sales transactions
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years of professional photography & videography experience
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Solution-oriented and works well independently and in a team
- Is creative and thinks ‘out of the box’
- Guest-oriented; customer-friendly, open and honest
- Is stress resistant
- Is commercially oriented
- Eager and willing to learn
- Doesn’t have an 8-to-5 mentality
- Has an affinity with the dolphins
- Dive Certificate is a pre
- Good knowledge of languages such as, Dutch, English and Papiamentu, and Spanish is a pre!
We encourage you to apply if you feel your profile is a match!
Please send your CV and cover letter before May 26th, 2022