At Curacao Sea Aquarium Park we emphasize care and genuine interaction between humans and sea creatures. Dolphin Academy provides a variety of unforgettable experiences that are tailored for different age categories, but always includes educational context so that our guests can understand and appreciate the importance of protecting dolphins worldwide and their environment. Together with the Curacao Public Aquarium N.V they form a fascinating world of diverse marine organisms and ecospheres just waiting for you to come and explore.
The Marketing and Communication Officer is responsible:
- To assist the development and implementation of the communication and marketing strategies for Curacao Sea Aquarium Park;
- To assist by building The Dolphin Academy, Ocean Lens, Animal Encounters and Curacao Sea Aquarium identity, public image, and brand.
- To ensure consistency in all aspects of the company external communications.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of (online) communication, including print, video, publications, website maintenance and social media activities, to support effectively the strategic objectives.
- Assist with creative and impactful marketing strategies for raising the local and international visibility, profile, and brand.
- Contribute to create specific campaigns for long‐term projects to meet agreed strategic priorities, income generation targets and audience development objectives.
- Assist by developing wider networks to pursue joint communication initiatives and develop effective PR campaigns.
- Assist by managing all other communications responsibilities such as maintaining distribution lists, developing and tracking email campaigns, web analytics, electronic templates and compliance with communications standards.
- Ensure that relevant audience is reached with our communication campaigns, as well as regular monitoring and evaluation of campaigns and activities to effectively measure the return.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication Studies or a related field;
- 3 years of marketing and communications experience.
- High proficiency in Dutch and English –with other languages considered an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Highly skilled in writing clear and concise communications for various communication tools, including offline and online;
- Knowledge of marketing and communication principles, guidelines and best practices, including social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram and Tiktok; Excellent editing, proofreading, presentation, and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency with various applications including MS Office, familiarity with web‐editing, web design, Google Analytics and WordPress;
- A strong sense of cultural awareness and the ability to work with people from different nationalities;
- Strong social and presentation skills;
- Self‐starter, energetic and pro‐active;
We encourage you to apply if you feel your profile is a match!
Please send your CV and cover letter before November 25, 2022 to email@example.com
For more information about the park you can also visit our website https://www.dolphin-academy.com/