At Dolphin Academy, we emphasize care and genuine interaction between humans and dolphins. Dolphin Academy provides a variety of unforgettable experiences that are tailored for different age categories, but always includes educational context so that our guests can understand and appreciate the importance of protecting dolphins worldwide and their environment. Together with the Curacao Public Aquarium N.V. and Substation Curacao, they form a fascinating world of diverse marine organisms and ecospheres just waiting for you to come and explore.
The Intern Dolphin Caretaker of Dolphin Academy is responsible for the following:
- Ensures the daily health, care and welfare of the Dolphins;
- Executes daily care of Dolphins;
- Assists trainers and management team with the established standard operating procedures for animal care, food preparation, and clean up, including proper maintenance and sterilization of equipment
- Executes underwater maintenance and cleaning of habitats;
- Fosters good relations with fellow staff members, visitors, volunteers and by promoting positive attitudes, goodwill, cooperation, and providing high standards of service;
- To perform other duties as workload necessitates, regardless of time of day or location.
Skills and qualifications
- Must be active in Zoology, Animal Management, Animal Care or other related MBO or HBO studies;
- Strong team skills;
- Ability to pass the departmental swim test, which includes, but is not limited to minimum requirements for treading water, breath-holding, free diving and endurance;
- Available for a minimum of 6 months;
- An internship fee is applicable
We encourage you to apply if you feel your profile is a match!
Please sign up before October 2, 2020.