At Dolphin Academy we emphasize care and genuine interaction between humans and dolphins. Dolphin Academy provides a variety of unforgettable experiences that are tailored for different age categories, but always includes educational context so that our guests can understand and appreciate the importance of protecting dolphins worldwide and their environment. Together with the Curacao Public Aquarium N.V. and Substation Curacao, they form a fascinating world of diverse marine organisms and ecospheres just waiting for you to come and explore.
As an Administrative Officer, he or she falls under the Head of Finance. This department falls directly under the Financial Controller of Dolphin Academy. He or she reports to and works under the supervision of the Head of Finance. As an Administrative Officer he/she is part of the back office of Dolphin Academy. As an Administrative Officer, he or she often has contact with our employees and with financial administrations of suppliers Dolphin Academy works with.
- Serves as the secondary advisor and technical resource to officials on accounting and financial management matters
- Collects, records and processes administrative data
- Processes the financial data
- Makes complete and correct information available to the identified persons
- Deals with information for creditors and debtors
- Check daily sales and sort out cash register differences
- Process inventory stock if necessary
- Keeps track of fish consumption/stock
- Manages the petty cash
- Solves cash register problems
- Falls in for cashiers when necessary
Skills and Qualifications
- MBO+ Degree in Finance or a similar degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of the administrative procedures within the work area
- Knowledge of automated data processing and file management
- Knowledge of the application of relevant (financial) applications and automation packages
- Accuracy in registering, mutating and archiving data
- Integrity in the processing of financial and/or personal data
- Service-oriented and customer-oriented attitude
- Good verbal and written expression skills for transferring information and taking care of correspondence
- Good command of Dutch, English and Papiamento
We encourage you to apply if you feel your profile is a match!
Please send your CV and cover letter before October 20, 2021.