At Dolphin Academy we emphasize care and genuine interaction between humans and dolphins. Dolphin Academy provides a variety of unforgettable experiences that are tailored for different age categories, but always includes educational context so that our guests can understand and appreciate the importance of protecting dolphins worldwide and their environment. Together with the Curacao Public Aquarium N.V. and Substation Curacao, they form a fascinating world of diverse marine organisms and ecospheres just waiting for you to come and explore.
The Marketing and Communication assistant is responsible:
- To deliver, develop, and implement communication and marketing strategies for Dolphin Academy;
- To ensure consistency in all aspects of the company external communications including The Dolphin Academy identity, public image, and brand.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of (online) communication, including print, video, publications, website maintenance and social media activities, in order to support effectively the strategic objectives;
- Assist with creative and impactful marketing strategies for raising the local and international visibility, profile and brand;
- Contribute in creating specific campaigns to meet agreed strategic priorities, income generation targets and audience development objectives;
- Assist by developing wider networks to pursue joint communication initiatives and develop effective PR campaigns;
- Coordinating all other communications responsibilities such as maintaining distribution lists, developing and tracking email campaigns, web analytics, electronic templates and compliance with communications standards;
- Ensure that relevant audience is reached with our communication campaigns, as well as regular monitoring and evaluation of campaigns and activities to effectively measure the return;
- Support the organization with on and off recruitment activities.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Marketing, Communication Studies or a related field;
- 2 years of marketing and communications experience;
- High proficiency in Dutch and English – other languages are considered a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Highly skilled in writing clear and concise communications for various communication tools, including print and online;
- Knowledge of marketing and communication principles, guidelines and best practices, including social media;
- Excellent editing, proofreading, presentation and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency with software applications including MS Office, familiarity with HTML, social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (etc.), web‐editing, web design, WordPress;
- A strong sense of cultural awareness and the ability to work with people from different nationalities;
- Strong social and presentation skills;
- Go-getter, energetic and pro‐active;
We encourage you to apply if you feel your profile is a match!