At Dolphin Academy we emphasize care and genuine interaction between humans and dolphins. Dolphin Academy provides a variety of unforgettable experiences that are tailored for different age categories, but always includes educational context so that our guests can understand and appreciate the importance of protecting dolphins worldwide and their environment. Together with the Curacao Public Aquarium N.V. and Substation Curacao, they form a fascinating world of diverse marine organisms and ecospheres just waiting for you to come and explore.
The Commercial Manager of Dolphin Academy is responsible for:
- The overall Marketing, Sales, & PR activities for Curaçao Dolphin Academy N.V. This includes planning, directing, coordinating sales & marketing policies and promotions;
- This position also involves identifying, developing and evaluating sales & marketing activities and policies to promote products and service;
- Analyzing sales statistics and determining sales potential;
- Overseeing regional and local sales & marketing;
- Planning and directing staffing, training & performance evaluations;
- Determine price scheduling and discount campaigns;
- Researching the market conditions in local, regional, or national areas, or gather information to determine potential sales of a product or service for potential customers;
- Setting up sales strategy and planning;
- Creating marketing campaigns and advertising services.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Marketing, Sales, and PR related area;
- 7-9 years relevant work experience as a marketing manager / sales / product marketer;
- Knowledge of business and management, business to consumer industries, strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique is preferred.
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing via email, in-product, content marketing, and other channels (social media);
- Knowledge in showing, promoting, and selling products or services includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems;
- Experience in graphic design;
- Excellent writing and content creation skills – you know how to tell a story that leads to engagement and action;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Fluency with marketing platforms;
- Experience as a collaborative, cross-functional team player, comfortable partnering with a variety of teams;
- Experience in the tourism industry is a pre;
- Self-confident, self-motivated, self-starter, flexible, energetic, results-oriented and success driven;
- Knowledge of the Curaçao culture and Network on the island;
- Good knowledge of Papiamento, Dutch, English and preferably Spanish;
- Genuine interest in animals.
We encourage you to apply if you feel your profile is a match!