Dolphin Academy Curacao
Enjoy the rare opportunity to learn more about Bottlenose dolphins while free diving with them inside their natural lagoon. The dolphins will dive down alongside you, allowing you to pet and interact with them under water.
You will participate in an echolocation experiment and get an underwater dorsal ride, where after diving down two dolphins will pick you up and pull you up to the surface as you hold on to their dorsal fins.
All interaction takes place under the surface, so you have to be an experienced snorkeler and should be able to free dive down and hold your breath for at least 30 seconds. Prior to the activity you will receive instructions from the dolphin trainers.
The program lasts for approximately 30 minutes. Group sizes are kept small (maximum of 6) in order to give you the opportunity to fully examine and study the dolphins' behavior.
- Price $184,- p.p., price valid until June 30, 2015.
- Group size max. 6 per 2 dolphins.
- Minimum age 8 years old.
- Minimum length 1.30 m/ 51 inches. Our measurement is defining.
- Use of scuba fins, snorkel and mask is obligated (if needed provided by us).
- Free dive program is available at 9.45 am.
- Pregnant women can't participate in the Dolphin Free Dive they can participate in the Encounter
- Bring along a bathing suit, towel and suntan lotion.
- Customers are required to fill in an assumption of risk waiver before the activity.
- Special needs? Please let us know!
Our availability is limited, so please make your reservation on time!